Premises Liability Lawyer for When You've Been Hurt On Another's Property
Although Premises Liability can entail many situations, the most common accident is that of a slip and fall injury requiring a premises liability lawyer. This can occur when walks are not shoveled during the winter, when carpet is not installed correctly, etc.
Other types of premises liability include injuries from:
- Toxic mold
- Toxic chemicals
- Lead poisoning
- Defective, inadequate or inoperative lighting
- Defective or improperly maintained equipment
- Failure to warn regarding hazardous conditions
- Failure to warn regarding guard dogs on the property
- Dog attacks
- Poorly maintained landscaping, overgrown underbrush, fallen trees
- Slippery and wet conditions
- Poorly maintained walkways (stairs, sidewalks)
- Poorly maintained parking lots (pot holes, culverts, ditches)
- And much more
In some situations, a property may even be held liable for something done by a subcontractor. For example, if a cleaning crew polished the restroom floors too highly and an employee slips and falls sustaining injury a premises liability lawyer is needed for advocacy.
Property owners have a duty to provide safe and clean environments for those working and visiting their locations. Negligence leading to serious injury or death must be dealt with appropriately.